We are #2!!

Remember those great "we try harder" ads by Avis? There was something about those we could all relate to, I think, because we have all been #2 or #3 for most things in life. When I run marathons, I am happy to finish in the top 100, and I run very small marathons. Anyway, we are truly honored to be the second-best small business in Cabarrus County. I really mean that! The Cabbarus Chamber of Commerce is a great group of people who really have the best interests of the local businesses in mind. They are committed to measured and balanced growth, and sincere in their support of the local business scene.  They have local job postings, weekly meetings, ribbon-cuttings, and much more. So, when we were nominated for "Small Business of the Year", it really was an honor. We went through a long application process and went to the awards ceremony, and met lots of other great local businesses. Our hats off to the winner, Southgate Masonry. I pass them every day on the way to our showroom. It looks like a great business doing well in tough times. Anyway, hope springs eternal and we will certainly try harder next year. Meanwhile, we shall bask in the glow of being #2.